Wednesday 28 April 2010

Final Reflections on Blogging

Hey guys, my assignment has come to an end and this post is my final one and in this post I will be talking about my final thoughts of blogging, and how I found this whole thing of blogging, what I achieved from blogging, did it interest me or not? Will I like to create more blogs or use blogs?

First of all what are blogs? Blogs are postings which are done on the internet on a particular topic by individuals like us. A blog can be just simple writing, or has pictures and links. Professionals earn money by blogging by posting articles on things like sport related, or music or even movies. People even watch live sports, movies through the use of blogs.

I am not new to blogs, even though I did not create one, but I use to watch live sports and watch movies and TV Programs through the use of blogs and when at the start of the year got told that our final assignment is creating our own blogs I was really looking forward to it. Although the blogs were meant to be educational, but it was an experience of making your own blogs. I tried my best to use all facilites from the blog from plain writing text, to pictures to Video links. I alsow tried to make it look as professional and add a bit of my humour to.

Apparently in terms of business the use of blogs are really popular. Online companies (large company) like Amazon uses blogs for the consumers so the company can get their thoughts of their service and on their products. One thing I learnt or shall I say which was new to me was that marketeers use blogging to promote their products online.

It is a true fact that you learn something new every day. I am going to admit that my IT skills are not to the best, but the use of blogging made me improve them and I also got use to making my way around the blogger website. I did struggle at first to post the video links as they would not appear, but later I found out that I am not doing it right, once got the hang of that, the use of blog seemed easy. The videos and images related to what I wrote made my blog look professional and for others it made it look enjoyable to see and read. Blogging has helped me into doing my resarch thoroghly as without research, Blogging cannot be done, as you can write loads but without the facts and research your blog would not appeal or attract readers due to the lack of clarity it will have.

The blogs I chose to do were about topics like Perception, Social Class, Generation Marketing, Gender, Personality, Values, Enterprise Week, etc. Each blog had its own class and I enjoyed doing them all. The reason is because each blog had its own research and theory which I liked to do and it had different images and link to it. Despite each blog taking most of its time but still it was useful and I learnt alot from it.


Above I mentioned that each blog took its time to complete due to its research and facts and getting images and videos for the related post. All that was time consuming, so I would call that a disadvantage. As after each lecture what ever we learnt had to do a posting, was hard at first to manage our times due to other assignments from other modules, but once got into the mode, was easy to manage time. One of the lectures I was unable to attend and due to that I did struggle on that blog posting but eventually got the reading and research done, so finally made it through to finishing that post. It took alot of time.

On the whole the experience using blogger.com for the blogs was a great one, I learnt so many things and was really fun to have a blog and my own url, just like having your own little mini website or shall I say like a mini online diary. If I get another chance to do a blog I may not to it on the same topics but I would be more creative and choose a different topic e.g. sports or music or even movies, something which interests me. Now not only I will use blogs for viewing movies and Live Sport but also would be part of it in hopefully creating my own as well and also my recommendations to all the people I know who have not created a blog or used the website, please do, as it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment